Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Optimistic

There is a sort of wandering optimism making its way through me today. How do I make it a fixture instead of a feeling, one that I know could prove to be fleeting so easily?

There's something about being "liked" that gives one more confidence and more optimism.

There's something about being loved that makes everything OK, even when the aforementioned are nonexistent.

From The Prophet by Khalil Gibran:
Only another breath will I breathe in this still air, only another loving look cast backward,
Then I shall stand among you, a seafarer among seafarers.
And you, vast sea, sleepless mother,
Who alone are peace and freedom to the river and the stream,
Only another winding will this stream make, only another murmur in this glade,
And then shall I come to you, a boundless drop to a boundless ocean.
The man's writing nearly defines beauty. It uplifts my soul. I'm only 10 pages into The Prophet and I am in love with it already. Read!
















I will reach to the sky. I will reach through the confusion. I will reach my dreams.

No comments: